Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Application 2024
The Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Application 2024-2025. Welcome to the page that gives you all the needed information about the Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School online application. Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School accepts online applications.
Admission Application into Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School will soon be opened for applicants who wish to study nursing. Continue reading from this page for all the information needed for Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Application in 2024-2025.
About Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School is a sub campus of Lilitha Nursing Training College. Lilitha Nursing College is one of the best Nursing School in South Africa.
Lilitha College of Nursing was established by the Education and Training of Nurses and Midwives Act 4 of 2003. The intent of the Act was to:
- Repeal the different pieces of apartheid legislation that established the different Nursing Colleges in the Eastern Cape Province;
- Establish one single College with five (5) main campuses and nineteen (19) Sub-campuses distributed throughout the Eastern Cape Province and strategically positioned to meet nurse training demands of the EC health system;
Programmes offered are based on the demands and priorities of the health system and demographics of the EC Province. The college offers both basic and post basic nursing programmes including specialist programmes. It has consistently produced large volumes of nurses to be permanently allocated to the clinical services for the province. The college embraces academic excellence in learning where generations of disciplinary knowledge are entrusted into nursing practice, research regarding human experiences of health, illness and healing, utilising Community-Based and Evidence-Based practice focusing on holistic relationship centred around a caring approach which facilitates the well being of individuals.
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Fees 2024-2025
The Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Fees for 2024-2025 is currently not available online. We have provided the contact details of Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School below, we urge all applicants to contact the school for every information regarding fees payment.
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School How to Apply for Admission and Application Form for 2024-2025
Recruitment and selection of students in the Eastern Cape must ensure accessibility of nursing education programmes to both rural and urban candidates and alleviation of a gross shortage of nurses in the Province, especially in the remote rural areas.
Prospective students must meet the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programmes and candidates educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that study leave is being processed by the current employer. However the final decision for studying at Lilitha College of Nursing will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programmes;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programmes. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
Applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each programme as this is dependent on the accredited capacity by South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified programme. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health related post matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health related post matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example dropped out of universities/technikons/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
HOW TO APPLY
- Advert is placed on the local newspapers (Daily Dispatch and Herald) in April/May period as well as on the website of the department: www.impumelelo.ecprov.gov.za to invite applications from suitable candidates for all programmes offered at the Lilitha College of Nursing.
- Before submitting the application and paying the application fee, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for all programmes of your choice.
NB Application fees are non-refundable
- In your application form, please attach your identity document, necessary school reports and deposit slip which indicates that you have deposited the application fee for that specific programme.
- Closing date will be indicated in the advert of that specific year.
Before registering as a student you need to determine whether or not you will have sufficient funds to finance your studies. Costs involved in Higher Education include Registration and Tuition fees, Books, Travel, Accommodation, Meals and general living expenses.
ECDoH offers financial assistance to full-time students in the form of a bursary on an annual basis. Bursaries will be automatically allocated to the predetermined percentage of selected candidates based on their registration with Lilitha College of Nursing (LCoN). Conditions and terms of the Bursary Contract apply. Students who have passed all their subject/modules and progress to the next level of study will retain the bursary allocation. ECDoH/College reserves the right to reverse the Bursary allocation if:
- Learners have not complied to the minimum requirements as per the specified programme;
- Learners have not complied to college rules and regulations.
DURATION OF STUDIES
This is a general guide as to the length of study for various academic programs offered at Lilitha College of Nursing.
|Short Learning Programmes: PHC
|To Be Advised
|New Nursing Auxiliary
|To Be Advised
|General Nursing Science (B/Course) R683
|Basic Diploma (R425)
|Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
-Child Nursing Science
-Community Nursing Science
-Clinical Assessment, Treatment and Care
-Critical Nursing Science
-Operating Nursing Science
-Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
-Orthopaedic Nursing Science
-Ophthalmic Nursing Science
-One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
|Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
|Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
|Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
| Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
LANGUAGE POLICY FOR TEACHING, LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT
The official medium of instruction, learning and assessment for LCoN is english.
DIPLOMA LEADING TO REGISTRATION AS A NURSE (GENERAL, COMMUNITY, PSYCHIATRIC) and MIDWIFERY: R425
To register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate::
|English or Any other Language
|Geography or Agricultural Science
Applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma
- Enrolled Nurses and Auxiliary nurses with a standard 10 certificate will be considered irrespective of an aggregate symbol in Grade 12 certificate;
- Candidates admitted to the programme are to be within the age limits as specified below:
Scholars : 18-35 year bracket
Serving Officers/Study Leave : 45 year limit
N.B. Your Senior Certificate will be verified with the Department of Education/Umalusi as quality assurer and you will be liable for the costs incurred in this exercise. Remember, it is an offence to submit a forged/altered certificate and consequences will be immediate dismissal.
Catchment areas will be determined by the seat of the main and its satellite campuses in the Eastern Cape Province areas and priority areas of the Eastern Cape Department of Health.
- Port Elizabeth Main campus; Nelson Mandela Metro and Cacadu/Sarah Baartman Districts (Makana, Port Alfred, Grahamstown, Somerset East, Graaf Reinet, Cambedoo, Aberdeen, Blue Crane, Willowmore, Joubertina and Humansdorp and the surrounding rural areas).
- Queenstown Main campus; Chris Hani and Joe Gqabi Districts (Barkley East, Rhodes, Rossouw, Aliwal North, Sterkspruit, Burgersdorp, Jamestown, Steynbsburg, Venterstad, Maclear, Mount Fletcher, Ugie, Dordrecht, Molteno, Glen Grey, Lady Frere, Indwe, Whittlesea, Lesseyton, Cradock, Middleburg, Tarkastad, Ntabethemba, Molteno, Sterkstroom, Hofmeyer, Engcobo, Elliot, Cofimvaba, Tsomo and surrounding rural areas).
- East London Main campus; Amathole/Buffalo City Districts (Mdantsane, Berlin, King Williams Town, Bhisho, Dimbaza, Peddie, Alice, Fort Beaufort, Stutterheim, Keiskammahoek, Middledrift, Ngqamakhwe, Butterworth, Cathcart, Nxarhuni, Tsholomnqa, Ndevana, Litha, Zwelitshsa, Bedford, Seymour, Adelaide, Debenek, Elliotdale, Mqanduli, Idutywa, Willowvale, Mthatha, Centane, Komga and the surrounding rural areas).
- Lusikisiki Main Campus; All Alfred Nzo District and some of the OR Thambo Sub Districts (Bizana, Flagstaff, Lusikisiki, Ntabankulu, Mt Frere, Mt Ayliff, Maluti, Matatiele, Staffords Post, Port St. Johns, and its surrounding rural areas.
- Umtata Main Campus – OR Thambo Districts (Ngqeleni, Libode, Lusikisiki, Bambisana, Elliotdale, Qumbu, Tsolo, Mclear, Ugie, Mthatha and its surrounding rural areas)
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Selection of candidates will be done according to the following system:
- 50% will be males.
- 50% will be females;
- On completion of phase 2, an interview schedule will be compiled for the prospective candidates;
- The interview panel shall consist of all the stakeholders as follows:
- College management
- Representatives from the campus
- Labour representative
- Social Compact
- Stakeholders (Union Representative)
- A candidate who has been called for an interview will be informed at the interview session that if he or she does not hear from the college after an interview, then the application was unsuccessful.
Medical examinations will be done as part of Phase 4 of the process for the purposes of assisting the candidates if the need arises from the medical report.
The selected/successful candidates will be informed by the Campus Head to commence training on the 01 February of each year on instruction of the college management.
POST BASIC PROGRAMME R 212
The college also offers career advancement programmes to nursing professionals already holding a professional nurses post in the nursing field and having passed Grade 12. These programmes require a registered nursing professional with an active license to practice and with at least two years’ experience in the clinical environment:
Diploma in Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
Diploma in Child Nursing Science
Diploma in Critical Care Nursing Science
Diploma in Community Nursing Science
Diploma in Clinical Assessment Treatment and Care
Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing Science
Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing
Diploma in Orthopaedic Nursing Science
NB: 10% of the Post Basic annual intake to be allocated to the College faculty staff members across all college campuses and satellite campuses.
POST REGISTRATION PROGRAMMES
The college also offers a bridging course programme to staff nurses already holding a staff l nurse post in the nursing field. The other Programme is a one year midwifery course only done by those who have completed a bridging course:
Bridging Course (General Nursing) R683
One year Midwifery R254
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Closing Date 2024-2025
The management of the Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School has therefore set the Closing Date for which applicants are supposed to submit their applications. See the Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Closing Date for 2024-2025 below.
Though the Closing Date for Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Application is not really fixed, the Application process last from April to November.
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Accommodation and Transport
Use of surrounding nurses’ homes:
Andries Vosloo Sub-Campus Nurses Home / Hospitals (Andries Vosloo Hospital, and or private accommodation
Use of own transport or public transport and / or Andries Vosloo Hospital transport
Lilitha PE Main Campus departmental cars for College business
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Student Activities
Participation in Andries Vosloo Sub-Campus and Main Campus Choir
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Student Support and Medical Services
- Counselling done by lecturing staff
- Remedial support
- Medical check-up requested prior entry to the programme
- Andries Vosloo Hospital staff wellness department
- Use of personal medical aid and where applicable
Emergency contact numbers
- Mrs. S. A Piet (Sub-Campus Head)
- Mrs. V. D Fillis (Lecturer)
- Ms. N. Mfundi (Lecturer)
- Ms. S. A Jeewa (Admin Officer)
- Ms. B. Konki (Data Capturer)
Public Emergency Numbers
- Police-10111/042 243 2233
- Ambulance- 042 243 2222
- Municipality (Fire, Electricity, Water)-042 243 1333
- Fire Alarm control on premises
- Electricity 041 373 7641
- Water 0800124000
- Crime hot line: 0800124000
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Jobs and Careers
- 1 Year Course leading to Enrolment as a nurse Auxiliary (ENA) – Requirements; Grade 10
All copies must be certified
- 2 Year Course leading to Enrolment as a Nurse (EN) – Requirements; Weak Grade 12
All copies must be certified
- 2 Year Bridging Course Leading to a Registration as a General Nurse – Requirement; Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse (EN)
Granted Study Leave
- Support Staff: Administration work, Data Capturer, Drivers and General Assistants – Requirements; As per Advert
- Lecturers; Qualification as a registered Professional Nurse – 4 Years’ Experience
Nursing Education Qualification
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Local SRC structure
- Student partakes in SRC activities
- Every first Tuesday of the month, SRC holds meetings at Lilitha College, Andries Vosloo Sub – Campus with student body
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Outreach Programmes
- Student participate in projects and outreach programs e.g. Old age homes, Orphanage Homes, Health Awareness Days, e.g. Cancer month, Diabetes week etc.
- Career exhibitions at local schools
- Blue Crane Route Municipality – attending environmental health awareness programmes
Andries Vosloo Hospital Nursing School Contact Details
Lilitha College of Nursing
Andries Vosloo Sub-Campus
Lilitha College of Nursing
Andries Vosloo Sub-Campus
Private Bag X40
Ms S. Piet (Sub-Campus Head)
Tel: 042 243 0078