De Beers Bursary Application for 2024/2025

Sponsored Links

De Beers Bursary Application for 2024/2025

The De Beers Bursary Application for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for De Beers Bursary 2024/2025.

Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:

Universities in South Africa Bursaries 2024/2025

Sponsored Links

2024-2025 Bursaries In South Africa Closing In All Fields

Government Departments Bursaries 2024/2025

About the De Beers: The story of the De Beers company dates all the way back to 1888 when it was founded by Cecil Rhodes, who received financing from Alfred Beit (a South African diamond magnate) and N M Rothschild & Sons bank in London. However, it is said that the company’s history actually dates back to 1866, when the Eureka Diamond was uncovered. De Beers’ two shareholders include Anglo American (who own 85%) and the Republic of Botswana Government (who own the remaining 15%). Today, the De Beers Group of Companies specialises in diamonds and is involved in most steps of the diamond pipeline, including diamond mining; diamond exploration; diamond sorting; diamond trading; diamond retail; as well as industrial diamond manufacturing sectors. The international corporation employs over 20 000 staff and operates in 35 countries, with mining taking place in South Africa; Namibia; Canada and Botswana. The company sells about 35% of the rough diamonds in the world.

Before you proceed to know How to Apply for De Beers Bursary Application 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:

Learnerships in South Africa 2024/2025

NSFAS Application 2024/2025

Student Loans in South Africa 2024/2025

Details of De Beers Bursary Application 2024/2025

Field of Study

  • Chemical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Mining Engineering
  • Metallurgy Engineering
  • Mine Survey
  • Geology (specialising in Geotechnical Engineering/ Rock Engineering)

De Beers Bursary Application Requirements 2024/2025

  • South African citizen
  • Reside in areas surrounding the mine operation
  • Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
  • Studying or intend on studying towards a full-time undergraduate qualification, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
  • Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised University or the University of Technology in South Africa
  • Must have achieved a minimum academic result of 60% for English and 70% for Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
  • Proven financial need

De Beers Bursary Application Procedures 2024/2025

  • ID document (certified copy)
  • Photograph (passport size)
  • Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
  • Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
  • Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
  • Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)

Closing Date: 31 October

Contact De Beers for more details about the Bursary Application and also check your status.

Please contact Career Wise (the bursary administrator) directly:

Tel: 011 403 0933/ 086 100 7787

Email: info@careerwise.co.za

List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025

Accounting Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Arts Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Commerce Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Computer Science and IT Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Construction and Built Environment Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Education Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Engineering Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Government Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Law Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Postgraduate Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Medical Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Science Bursaries In South Africa Closing In 2024/2025

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *