IMESA Bursary Application for 2024/2025
The IMESA Bursary Application for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for IMESA Bursary 2024/2025.
Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:
About the IMESA: The Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa (IMESA), founded in the year 1961, promotes and represents the interests of more than 1000 individual members, including municipal engineers and companies within the municipal engineering and built environment industry. The company’s mission is to promote and encourage excellence within the engineering profession, to help benefit communities and their municipalities. The IMESA Bursary Scheme was initiated in 2000 to provide financial assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to afford their studies within the Civil Engineering field, as well as to acknowledge the achievements of IMESA members’ dependants.
Before you proceed to know How to Apply for IMESA Bursary Application 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:
Details of IMESA Bursary Application 2024/2025
1) Bursary Scheme A: for non-IMESA members
This bursary is for those studying towards a Civil Engineering (or another engineering discipline approved by the Executive Council of IMESA), who without funding, would otherwise not be able to afford to study. It will provide coverage for tuition fees and prescribed books only.
1) Bursary Scheme B: for dependents of IMESA members
This bursary will be awarded to current and future students, who are children of IMESA members, who have been a member for a minimum of 3 years. It will provide coverage for tuition fees and prescribed books only.
IMESA Bursary Application Requirements 2024/2025
Bursary Scheme A: for non-IMESA members
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time towards a Civil Engineering degree qualification (or another engineering discipline approved by the IMESA Executive Council)
- Completed and passed mid-year exams
- Entering your 2nd year (or further) of study in 2024
- Studying at an accredited and recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Proven financial need (do not have sufficient financial resources to further your studies)
Bursary Scheme B: for dependents of IMESA members
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a Civil Engineering degree qualification (or another engineering discipline approved by the IMESA Executive Council)
- Excellent academic record in your current studies
IMESA Bursary Application Procedures 2024/2025
- ID document (certified copy)
- Undersigned statements declaring academic progress (issued by your University/ School)
- Parents/ guardians proof of monthly income and student’s financial situation (affidavit)
- Mid year exam results (certified copy)
Students will also be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation, before any bursary funding is paid:
- Medical certificate
- Proof of enrolment at a tertiary institute for your selected qualification
- Fee statement from your tertiary institution
Closing Date: 15 September
Contact IMESA for more details about the Bursary Application and also check your status.
Please contact IMESA directly:
Contact Person: Narisha Sogan
Tel: 031 266 3263
Fax: 031 266 5094
List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025