JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary 2024/2025
The JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary Application for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary 2024/2025.
Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:
About the JB Marks Education Trust Fund: The JB Marks Education Trust Fund was formed in 1997 by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM), as a means to address the need for empowering NUM members and dependents of NUM members, specifically those studying for qualifications in the construction, mining and energy sectors. The Trust was named after John Beaver Marks, a South African activist and leader and strong believer in empowerment and emancipation for workers via education. The Trust’s mission has always been to fund the educational expenses of its members and since its inception has funded over 1000 bursars and awarded over R280 million to more than 2000 beneficiaries. Most of the funding is received from the Mineworkers Investment Trust (MIT) via Mineworkers Investment Company (MIC) dividends.
Before you proceed to know How to Apply for JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursaries 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:
Details of JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursaries
JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary Application Requirements
- NUM members OR dependent of a NUM member (including children and spouses)
- Studying for an undergraduate qualification
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute (University or FET College – No private institutes)
- NOT currently in receipt of any other funding
- Graduated as JB Marks beneficiary
- Graduated from undergraduate studies within the last 2 years
- Studying within a critical field of study
JB Marks Education Trust Fund Bursary Application Procedures
Apply online at: https://jbmarksedutrust.co.za/index.php/market-sectors/online-bursary-application/
- Applicants ID document (certified copy)
- NUM member or officials ID document (certified copy)
- NUM member or official’s latest payslip
- Latest academic school results (certified copy)
- Academic acceptance letter confirming that the student is enrolled in studies
- Proof of dependency if student’s surname is different from the NUM member (Abridged Birth Certificate/ Clinic Immunization Card/ Magistrate Guardianship letter/ Medical Aid Beneficiary Certificate/ Marriage Certificate)
Submit clear copies of the following documentation:
- Motivational letter (maximum 1000 words)
- Full academic record
Closing Date: Undergraduate students: 1 July 2020.
Postgraduate students: last week of November 2020 (applications will open in the last week of August 2020).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Contact JB Marks Education Trust Fund for more details about the Bursary and also check your status.
Please contact the JB Marks Education Trust Fund directly:
Tel: 011 492 0601
Fax: 011 492 0953
List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025