Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship 2024/2025
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Bursary Application for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Bursary 2024/2025.
Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:
About the Mandela Rhodes Foundation: The Mandela Rhodes Foundation, founded in partnership with the Rhodes Trust in 2003, is one of the late Nelson Mandela’s 3 official legacy organisations. The goal of the Foundation is to build exceptional leadership skills within the African continent. By way of the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship, the Foundation aims to empower young Africans and encourage them to use their talents to serve their societies and the continent. The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship allows African students to pursue their postgraduate studies in South Africa, and the chance to take part in the Leadership Development Programme. Since the Foundation started, more than 16 years ago, it has funded over 500 students from 28 African countries.
Before you proceed to know How to Apply for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Bursary 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:
Details of Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship 2024/2025
Field of Study
- Postgraduate studies (1 year Honours degree or a 2 years Masters degree), in ANY
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Application Requirements 2024/2025
- Must be a South African citizen OR a citizen of any other African country
- Must be willing to travel to South Africa to study (if residing in another African country)
- Must be between 19 and 29 years old (and must be under the age of 30 at the time you take up the scholarship: 1 January 2024)
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree qualification OR be in the final year of your undergraduate degree studies
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in your Degree qualification
- Must intend on studying towards a Postgraduate qualification (Honours degree or Masters degree only – MBA studies are NOT covered)
- Must study at a recognised institution of higher education in South Africa
- Must have strong leadership skills and have been in a position of leadership
- Must have made an impact on your campus or community
- Must show potential to embody the MRF’s founding principles (education, leadership, entrepreneurship, reconciliation)
- Must have SAQA verification of your qualifications if you are shortlisted, not required for initial scholarship application (see if your qualification is SAQA verified, visit http://www.saqa.org.za
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Application Procedures 2024/2025
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Passport, if not an SA citizen
- Degree certificate
- Transcripts of your academic results
- Details of your proposed course of study (university application is not required, but it is recommended that you apply to more than 1 university ASAP)
- 3 recommendation letters (from people who know you and your character well) (recommenders must submit their letters via the application platform before you can submit your full application)
- 2 short essays (1 about your own personal journey, and 1 on a specific question regarding MRF principles)
Closing Date: 20 April.
Contact Mandela Rhodes Foundation for more details about the Scholarship and also check your status.
Please contact the Mandela Rhodes Foundation directly:
List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025