Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Application 2024-2025
The Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Application 2024-2025. Welcome to the page that gives you all the needed information about the Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School online application. Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School accepts online applications.
Admission Application into Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School will soon be opened for applicants who wish to study nursing. Continue reading from this page for all the information needed for Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Application in 2024-2025.
About Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School
Lilitha College of Nursing was established by the Education and Training of Nurses and Midwives Act 4 of 2003. The intent of the Act was to:
- Repeal the different pieces of apartheid legislation that established the different Nursing Colleges in the Eastern Cape Province;
- Establish one single College with five (5) main campuses and nineteen (19) Sub-campuses distributed throughout the Eastern Cape Province and strategically positioned to meet nurse training demands of the EC health system;
Programmes offered are based on the demands and priorities of the health system and demographics of the EC Province. The college offers both basic and post basic nursing programmes including specialist programmes. It has consistently produced large volumes of nurses to be permanently allocated to the clinical services for the province. The college embraces academic excellence in learning where generations of disciplinary knowledge are entrusted into nursing practice, research regarding human experiences of health, illness and healing, utilising Community-Based and Evidence-Based practice focusing on holistic relationship centred around a caring approach which facilitates the well being of individuals.
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Fees 2024-2025
The Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Fees for 2024-2025 is currently not available online. We have provided the contact details of Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School below, we urge all applicants to contact the school for every information regarding fees payment.
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School How to Apply for Admission and Application Form for 2024-2025
The Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Application Form for 2024-2025 is currently not available online. We have provided the contact details of Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School below, we urge all applicants to contact the school for every information regarding how to apply and the Application Form.
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Courses 2024-2025
This is a general guide as to the length of study for various academic programs offered at Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School.
|Short Learning Programmes: PHC
|To Be Advised
|New Nursing Auxiliary
|To Be Advised
|General Nursing Science (B/Course) R683
|Basic Diploma (R425)
|Post Basic/ Registration Diplomas: (R212)
-Child Nursing Science
-Community Nursing Science
-Clinical Assessment, Treatment and Care
-Critical Nursing Science
-Operating Nursing Science
-Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care
-Orthopaedic Nursing Science
-Ophthalmic Nursing Science
-One Year Midwifery Nursing Science
|Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Midwifery: R174
|Diploma in Nursing (Staff Nurse): R171
|Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing: R169
|Advanced Diploma in Midwifery: R786
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Requirements 2024-2025
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Required Documents for 2024-2025 Application
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School General Admission Requirements
Below are the Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Admission Requirements. Applicants are to read carefully before they put in an application.
Prospective students must meet the statutory minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programmes and candidates educational certificate.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that study leave is being processed by the current employer. However the final decision for studying at Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programmes;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programmes. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
Admission Point System
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with a NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
Applicants have to meet the requirements for admission into the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each programme as this is dependent on the accredited capacity of the South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified programme. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health related post matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health related post matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example dropped out of universities/technikons/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Closing Date 2024-2025
The management of the Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School has therefore set the Closing Date for which applicants are supposed to submit their applications. See the Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Closing Date for 2024-2025 below.
Though the Closing Date for Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Application is not really fixed, the Application process last from April to November.
Nessie Knight Hospital Nursing School Contact Details
- Nessie Knight Hospital
Tel: 047 553 6007
Fax: 047 542 0018