South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary 2024/2025
The South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary Application for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for the South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary 2024/2025.
Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:
About the South African Veterinary Foundation: The South African Veterinary Foundation (SAVF) is a non-profit organisation, founded in 1984, whose aim is to raise funds and promote animal education by researching and informing the general public. At present, the Foundation has 3 Directors – Dr JJ Viljoen, Dr R Lobetti and Prof RM Kirberger. The Foundation aims to advance and promote all aspects of Biological Sciences and Veterinary Sciences in South Africa. In order to do so, they aim to support veterinary research, fund veterinary studies by means of loans and bursaries, as well as administer and invest in financial portfolios to hopefully improve the quality of life of humans and animals. The SAVF have numerous initiatives whereby organisations or the public can contribute to the well being and support of animals.
Before you proceed to know How to Apply for the South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:
Details of South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary Application 2024/2025
Field of Study
- BVSc (Veterinary Science) V students at the University of Pretoria
South African Veterinary Foundation Bursary Application Requirements 2024/2025
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying towards a BVSc qualification (in your 4th or 5th year of study)
- Must be studying at the University of Pretoria, in the Faculty of Veterinary Science
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in the previous exam period
- Must partake in campus student activities (including sports, culture and other student life activities)
- Must be in financial need
South African Veterinary Foundation Bursaries Application Procedures 2024/2025
The application process includes the following steps:
- Filling in your personal information, including your full name, email address, contact numbers, current year of study, student number
- Attaching the following documentation: your Curriculum Vitae, breakdown of your current student debt, and an academic record for the last year of study (all attachments must be no larger than 25MB each and can be uploaded in various formats)
- Answering 10 multiple choice questions about the SAVF
Closing Date: 30 April 2024.
Contact South African Veterinary Foundation for more details about the Bursaries and also check your status.
Please contact the SAVF directly:
Contact Person: Dr Remo Lobetti
Tel: 011 706 6023
List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025