Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Application 2024/2025
Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Application 2024/2025 – STEP BY STEP APPLICATION PROCESS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Step by Step for Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Application 2024/2025
STEP 1: Explore your options
Make sure that you understand the University’s Admission Policy and the selection criteria of the different faculties before you apply. As a postgraduate candidate, you are only able to apply for one programme. Please visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies and click on ‘what can I study?’, or contact our Contact and Client Service Centre on +27 (0) 21 808 9111 or email@example.com.
STEP 2: Take note of the application dates
Visit the (www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies) for a list of the closing dates of all the postgraduate programmes. Closing dates for financial assistance is available on the Postgraduate Office’s website.
No late applications will be considered.
STEP 3: Select your programme
Electronic/ Online applications
- A valid email address and cell phone number is required to administer an online application via www.sun.ac.za/ pgstudies. Correspondence will be sent to the email address and sms’s to the cell phone.
- As soon as you’ve lodged a formal online application, you will receive a username (student number) and 8-digit password to continue your application.
- All compulsory screens, with red ‘Outstanding’ buttons, must be completed. The ‘submit’ button will only be available once ALL the compulsory screens are completed (a green ‘Completed’ button will be displayed).
- Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. If the information is incorrect the University is entitled to reject your application or cancel your registration immediately.
- Should there be an electricity outage, data will not be lost and the application can be completed at a later stage before the closing date.
- After you have completed all the compulsory screens, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will now receive your official SUN-password along with your given username (student number) to access your application status to upload all your supporting application documents and monitor your application.
- To complete your application all the correct supporting documents must be uploaded via the upload application documents link on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies before the closing date. Your application will only be processed AFTER your application has been completed. Your application cannot be considered if all application documents have not been uploaded before the closing date.
- Submitting a completed application and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Hard copy applications:
- 2.1 We recommend that you apply online, but if you do not have internet access, you may complete a hard copy form instead. You may obtain a hard copy application form from our Contact and Client Service Centre at 021 808 9111 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.2 If you utilise a hard copy application, please complete all the applicable fields and send in all the necessary documents along with your application form. We cannot consider your application if we do not have all the correct information. Your application form and supporting documents must reach us before the closing date.
- 2.3 Please do not apply by using both the hard copy form and applying online. If we receive both types of application from you, we can only accept the online application as the intended one.
STEP 4: Make sure that you upload all the required documents
YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Academic Qualifications
- Signed contract
- Proof of payment of R100 application fee
- Student support form (students with disabilities who need support)
- Additional faculty specific documents or documents required by the Postgraduate Office
1.1 Certified copies of the original qualification documents must be provided.
1.2 Please note that you will be required to provide the official academic transcripts and original degree certificates (for each qualification obtained) in order to formally register for the degree.
1.3 Stellenbosch University reserves the right to request original and additional supporting documentation should this be deemed necessary at any point.
1.4 Your signed contract, your application documents as well as proof of payment (if applicable) should be uploaded
online via the upload application documents link on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies before the closing date. If you are
applying with a hard copy application, you should include all the required documents with your application.
1.5 If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
1.6 It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receives these documents in time. You can monitor your application status on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies to ensure that your application is complete. Use your username (student number) and official SUN-password to sign in.
NON-ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
All documents available on the Prospective Postgraduate Student website (www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies)
- Signed contract (please print out, sign and upload). No electronic signatures accepted.
- Student support form (students with disabilities who need additional support).
- Proof of payment (R100 non-refundable application fee)
• South African citizens only;
• Read more about payment options on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies.
- SANC proof of registration for Diploma and Honours in Nursing. Applicants from non-South African nationality must submit proof of registration with the Nursing Board in their home country.
- Qualification documents (other than English, Afrikaans or Dutch) must be accompanied by sworn translations, word for word into English and certified by an official translator. In other words, both the documents in the original language and the English translation must be submitted.
- Proof of English language proficiency (where medium of instruction of most recent qualification was not English). English Language requirement for consideration to postgraduate studies is available on the www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies and selecting ‘English Language Proficiency Requirements’ option under the “Application to SU” tab.
- An interpretation of the awarding institutions’ grading system for international qualifications.
- The programme you are applying for may require that you submit additional supporting documents. You can visit the www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies and click on “Required Application Documents” to ensure that you are aware of all the documents required along with this application form.
ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE
- Final school-leaving results: Compulsory for the following school leaving postgraduate programmes: BComHons Economics, MCom Economics as well as Diploma, Honours and Master’s programme in Nursing.
- If you are currently enrolled at a tertiary institution (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications): Provisional academic transcript must display modules completed for each academic year enrolled for, including associated grades obtained. Furthermore, proof of registration for the current academic year must also be provided.
- If you have tertiary qualifications (excluding Stellenbosch University qualifications):
• Relevant certificates PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades
• Diploma(s) PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades
• B degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades
• Honours degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades
• Master’s degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades (where applicable)
• Doctoral degree certificate(s) PLUS full academic transcript for each year, including grades (where applicable)
- Please take note of the following important information regarding your documents:
• Ensure that you include qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents are official and certified
• Copies of your original academic documents, which must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution,
notary public, or a Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. attorney or diplomatic official) must be provided. If you make use of the Postal or Police Services, please ensure that the stamp includes the date, name, signature and rank of the officer.
• No online results obtained from self-serving portals or password protected documents will be accepted.
• Electronic copies provided should be clear and legible (not blurred, cropped or obscured). Only pdf and jpeg
format will be accepted.
• Qualifications shorter than 12 months in duration will not be considered and you do not need to list or provide these.
• If you have previously studied at Stellenbosch University, you do not have to supply any transcripts or degree certificates
• If you have obtained a qualification outside of the South African Higher Education system and your final degree
certificate is not available when you apply, please provide us with official proof that you have completed the
qualification. Please note that proof of completion should not be older than five years from the date the degree
was conferred for qualifications outside of the South African Higher Education system.
• For South African Higher Education Institutions, proof of completion should not be older than one year
STEP 5: Monitor your application status
When you have successfully completed the steps and received acknowledgement of your complete application from the Admission Office your application is ready to be considered. Use your username (student number) and official SUN-password to sign in and monitor your application status on www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies. Please keep in mind that there might be a notification for additional information required.
STEP 6: Apply for financial support
University offers funding opportunities and support. Postgraduate funding applications typically close in the current academic year for the following year’s intake cycle. If you would like to know more about the qualifying criteria and closing dates of all postgraduate bursaries, please visit the Postgraduate Funding Office’s website at www.sun.ac.za/pgo/funding. You can also contact the Office on +27 (0) 21 808 4208, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
STEP 7: Find accommodation
Most of our students (local and international) make use of private accommodation during their postgraduate studies. Please consider our private accommodation options available on the web page for Prospective Postgraduate Students at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies >> “Living in Stellenbosch” >> “Accommodation”
International applicants may apply for self-catering accommodation. For more information, please visit Stellenbosch University’s international website www.sun.ac.za/international. E-mail enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: If you need help with your application, or you require more information, please contact the University at 021 808 9111, send an email to email@example.com or visit www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies. Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Application 2024/2025 (Stellenbosch University Postgraduate Application)