The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme 2024/2025
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Application Programme for 2024/2025. Find below How to Apply for The Funza Lushaka Bursary 2024/2025.
Our Bursaries pages seek to provide readers (Students) and applicants with:
About The Funza Lushaka: The Department of Basic Education deals with schools throughout South Africa, from Grade R to 12 and adult literacy programmes. The DBE was formerly part of the National Department of Education before it split into two: the DBE (Department of Basic Education) and DHE (Department of Higher Education)
The department’s goal is to create a sustainable South African education system for the 21st century – one where all learners have access to learning, training and education. Their vision is that the education system will improve the quality of life for all South Africans and create a peaceful, prosperous and democratic country.
Before you proceed to know How to Apply for The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme 2024/2025 take a quick look at the topics below if you are interested:
Details of The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme Application 2024/2025
Field of Study
Bachelor of Education degree (4 year B Ed): specialising in Foundation Phase (Grade R-3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4-6) and Senior and Further Education and Training Teaching (Grade 7-12).
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (1 year PGCE): degrees must reflect 2 priority subjects – 1 priority subject must have been completed at the 3rd-year level, and 1 priority subject must have been completed at the 2nd-year level.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme Application Requirements 2024/2025
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- 30 years old or younger if applying for the first time
- Accepted into a suitable qualification, at a recognised tertiary institution
- Must be able to show the satisfactory academic capability
- Have NOT completed another teaching qualification
- Willing to teach at a school appointed to them by the Provincial Education Department
- A keen interest in working with children
- Clear criminal record
- NOT have any charges of misconduct or dismissed from work
- NOT a Higher Education Institution employees, NOT a spouse, dependents or child of Higher Education Institution employee
- Preference will be given to applicants in rural areas and applicants who intend on teaching in rural areas
First-time university entrants:
- Achieved a Matric exemption/ endorsement/ bachelor degree admission
- Achieved a minimum of level 4 in Matric for 2 subjects you intend on specialising to teach
- If intending on specialising in Foundation Phase – must have achieved a minimum level 4 pass for Mathematics OR or level 5 pass for Mathematical Literacy in Matric, and a minimum of level 4 for your Home Language
- If intending on specialising in Technology subjects (including CAT) – must have achieved a minimum level 4 for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics in Matric
- If the tertiary institution’s entry requirements are higher than the bursary requirement, or vice versa, the higher requirement will apply
Students currently at university:
- Passed all subjects in last year of tertiary study
- Achieved a minimum average of 55% for all subjects studied in the last year of tertiary study
- Achieved a minimum average of 55% for subjects related to the teaching area of specialisation in the last year of tertiary study
New students enrolling for PGCE:
- Completed a qualification that allows admission into PGCE
- Only PGCE (Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching) (Grade 7-12) will be funded
- PGCE in Senior Phase and Further Education and Training: must have 2 priority subjects with 1 module successfully completed at third-year level, and 1 module successfully completed at the second-year level
- Have a minimum of 2 selected priority subjects at the 2nd-year level
- Have enough subjects in the selected priority subjects to qualify to teach at school
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Application Procedures
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Academic transcript, if currently at university (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ registration at university
Closing Date: Re-applications: 29 November 2020.
New applications: 28 February 2024.
Contact The Funza Lushaka for more details about the Bursary Programme and also check your status.
Tel: 012 357 3000
List of Bursaries In Closing In 2024/2025