Ukwazi School of Nursing Requirements 2024-2025
Ukwazi School of Nursing Admission Requirements 2024-2025. Find the Admission Requirements for Ukwazi School of Nursing Application.
Full Details for Ukwazi School of Nursing Application Requirements 2024-2025
ADMISSION AND SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
The decision to admit a student to higher education study is the right, responsibility and prerogative of UKWAZI SCHOOL OF NURSING (the SCHOOL”) in terms of section 37 (1) of the Higher Education Act, 1997.
ADMISSION POINTS SCORE (“APS”)
Each learning programme (qualification) offered by the SCHOOL requires a minimum APS (apart from programme specific requirements) for an applicant to become eligible for selection to that programme. Applicants with the highest APS receive preference in the selection process.
The table below contains the APS points for subjects achieved in the various SCHOOL leaving certificates and for converting non- National Senior Certificate (“NSC”) qualifications to NSC achievement levels:
* Independent Examinations Board
** National Certificate (Vocational)
An APS is calculated by adding up the points for an applicant’s best 6 (six) subjects as reflected in the applicant’s SCHOOL leaving certificate. Life Orientation is excluded for purposes of the calculation of an APS (and thus does not form part of an applicant’s 6 (six) best subjects).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN NURSING – auxiliary nursing
The following are the admission criteria for the HIGHER CERTIFICATE:
An applicant without Life Sciences / Biology in matric or whose mark is below the minimum achievement level of NSC 4 (50%) can still achieve eligibility through the recognition of prior learning.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA IN NURSING – general nurse
The minimum requirements for holders of a National Senior Certificate to become eligible for selection for admission to the Diploma in Nursing are as follows:
An applicant without Life Sciences / Biology in matric or whose mark is below the minimum achievement level of NSC 5 (60%) can also achieve eligibility through the recognition of prior learning.
An applicant who meets the admission criteria for a qualification is entered into a selection process. The selection process is aimed at admitting the best candidates to the SCHOOL’s learning programmes.
The selection process consists of selecting those candidates
- with the highest APS for the qualification
- who best performed in psychometric testing at the School (where required)
- who meet the admission criteria of the qualification as prescribed by the rules of the qualification, by legislation and by the School’s internal admission criteria
- whose admission is supported the School’s selection panel based on an interview conducted with the candidate
- who have previously undergone health care or similar education and training at the School.
The SCHOOL is entitled to change its selection criteria at any given time e.g. SCHOOL might consider introducing the National Benchmark Tests as a selection tool in future.
Ukwazi School of Nursing Document Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants currently studying towards a South African Grade 12
- South African Identity document
- Proof of payment of Application Fee
Applicants having already completed a South African Grade 12
- Final Grade 12 statement of symbols
- National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate (prior to 2008) or IEB certificate or SACAI
- Higher education qualification if obtained at another higher education institution
- Academic record and certificate of conduct if registered / completed at another higher education institution
- Proof of payment of application fee
International Applicants Documents Required
- Study permit / asylum certificate
- International school-leaving statement of symbols
- International qualification certificate with SAQA evaluation document
- Academic record and certificate of conduct if registered / completed at another higher education institution in South Africa
- Proof of payment of application fee